5 tips on finding the perfect maxi skirt or dress for petite style

I absolutely love maxi skirts and dresses, and sometimes it does annoy me that as a petite I should be careful with dressing in oversized clothing so it doesn't shorten my body visually even more.

I've gone through much frustration in finding the right pair of jeans and length of skirts and dresses. From usual midi dresses, it becomes long dresses, and from maxi dresses, I would literally clean the floor with it. However, whenever I do found one style that fits me perfectly, it sticks in my wardrobe for decades. 

Here are my 5 tips on finding the perfect maxi skirt or dress for petite women out there:


1. Go for the high waisted skirt - The key to wearing a high waisted skirt is to tuck in your top so that your legs will look longer than they are.  

2. Draw attention to your upper body. - The best way for a short girl to wear maxi skirts is to pair it with a crop top.  Doing so will double the leg-lengthening effect of the maxi skirt by further shifting the focus up. 

3. Get a dress or skirt with a slit. Always good to be able to show your legs while walking.

4. Get a dress or a skirt just until ankle-length or to the floor, but never dragging too much on the floor, just enough so you can wear wedges or heels under them.

5. Get A line skirts. - A line skirts are on the top list of best skirts for petites because they are universally flattering, regardless of your body type.  The shape is clean and the slight flare makes your legs look more slender. 


5 tips on finding the perfect maxi skirt or dress for petite style

5 tips on finding the perfect maxi skirt or dress for petite style

Wearing navy pleated maxi skirt (get similar HERE or HERE), white puffed crop top from Femme Luxe, white Converse shoes and black Charles Keith handbag (get similar HERE).